Tar and gravel roofs work best in flat or nearly flat applications and are great value for the money. Layers of perforated roofing felt (organic or inorganic) are alternated with layers of bitumen heated to around 2,000 °C. It’s a widespread roofing type known for its durability. The gravel is essential to reduce UV radiation damage and the effects of the freeze-thaw cycle. White gravel is often required in urban areas to reduce heat-island effects.
A properly installed and maintained tar and gravel roof can be good for over 20 years. It is however important to repair any bare patches caused by wind, water, freeze-thaw cycles, or excess traffic as soon as possible to keep the membrane underneath from deteriorating.
The benefits of doing business with us
– Our recognized skills in designing, planning, installing, inspecting, and repairing tar and gravel roofs
– Our extensive track record in commercial, industrial, and institutional roofing
– Our in-depth knowledge of available materials so you can choose the right ones for your roof
– The skills and hands-on experience of our field crews for meticulous, state-of-the-art roof installation or repair
– Our full stock of material and advanced mobile equipment
– Our 24/7 emergency services
– Our reputation for integrity and excellence
If you’re considering tar and gravel for a commercial, industrial, and institutional application or looking to inspect an existing roof and make any necessary repairs, take a look at us. We’re ready, willing, and able to help make your project a success.
Tar and Gravel Roofs
Here are a few tar and gravel roof construction and repair jobs we’ve put our skills to work on. See for yourself that we have the expertise and the equipment it takes to exceed your highest standards and expectations.